Friday, March 21, 2014

A Poem for Modesto Marathon Part 1

The day I have been waiting for
To indulge in Mr. Goodbar, Mount on Almond Joy
To satisfy my thirst on Mr. Samuel Adam’s IPA
To sing under Sacramento’s spring days
To dance on the American Bike Trail

But the dream of
Happy eating and drinking
Come to a halt
As karma is getting back to me
If I had whispered under my breath
Of naming people “dumbass” on my run
Of calling people “kissass” at work
Of cutting people off on Hwy 50!
I am taking back all those things
I had whispered under my breath

Here I am,
Rubbing Mr. Bengay everywhere
Accept the back where the pain is!

The pain taught me few things
A great language
I never knew I could speak
From #$%$*# To $%&#
As I sit down and get up from the toilet
While Mr. Bengay spreading its magic
To a few place I can’t mention
Is now hotter than the sun
Accept my back where it needed most.

Oh Modesto Marathon
I have trained so hard!
Oh Modesto Marathon
Why is this happening to me!


No comments:

Post a Comment